- I remember one year the game "Tertis Attack" was coming out for the SNES. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until I played it at Best Buy (back when they were awesome about game demos). I wanted it really really bad. Little did I know that it would take up more of my time in my overall life than expected. I got good enough that I went on endless marathon mode for over 2 hours, going from level 1 to level 99. That was the only time my mother let me stay up late because of a video game.
- Speaking of SNES games, there was no mainstream Internet back when I was a kid, so I knew nothing about game releases outside of watching commercials on TV and playing demos at local stores. I used to be the hugest Yoshi fan of all time, and there was this game I never heard of called "Yoshi's Island". I played the demo at Best Buy (You know, back when they were awesome about..eh, you know). I begged and wrote Santa in vain for the game that was garunteed to give me 5-10 hours of unbridled entertainement. I got a mysterious package shaped JUST LIKE THE GAME. I took it, shook it. Yup. I sure sounds like Yoshi's Island to me. I slept with it (hey, I was well under 10 when this happened), and tore a couple of holes in the wrapping paper to make sure. I taped it up, but my mom found out. She allowed us to open one present early. My sister got to open up a box with money in it. I wasn't allowed to open up Yoshi's Island, because my cat totally got to it. Why should I be punished for something the cat did? Anyways, the present I wa allowed to open that day was....well...all I remember is that it wasn't Yoshi's Island (or money).
- One Christmas, it actually snowed! It was quite awesome.
- One year in high school, we went to a Christmas party, some friends and I. There were some really fun parlor games, and all I remember was the "Guess what I am" game. A guy names Johnathan had someone hold up a giant bouncy ball to cover his head, and he spread his appendages out in the shape of an "X". I guess he was supposed to be the Cingular guy.
- We had some Elmo dolls on display this year. You touch his foot, and he says something demonic. Well, I guess that's what it is. He kisses at you, that's all I paticularly remember. Anyways, it is located next to pets, and I would go over there, and every so often I will push 2+ doll's feet at the same time. Let me tell you, if you thought Elmo sounded demonic before, you never heard him when he clones himself. *Shiver*
- Last year my favorite Christmas album was "Let it Snow, Baby. Let it Reindeer" by Relient K, but this year the honor goes to "Christmas with Weezer", by Weezer. If you get the opportunity, check it out.
- Rankin/Bass films are a holiday tradition in our society. I bought a set of them a year or two ago, and let me tell you, some of them are disturbing. One, in paticular, is called "Nestor, the Christmas Donkey". I kid you not. Not only that, it was one of the most single depressing Christmas shows of all time, and it ruined a night or two for me. It was very depressing, for real.
- I posted a "status update" on Facebook this year saying "I hope no one gets a 'Tickle Me Elmo' as a 'gag' gift. I meant gag in more ways than one.
Those are all the Christmas Memories I feel like sharing this time around. Seriously though, I hope you day is filled with loved ones and that everyone is safe, healthy, and happy. That would mean the world to me.
Until next time.