5) You Are My Sunshine - by Misc. Ah, memories from my halcyon-like childhood. The awesome days of running around outside, listening to awesome songs on my walkman, and spending Sunday mornings, having cinnamon toast made for me. The toast had a caviat attached to it, however. I had to endure the scary record of some random folk group singing "You Are My Sunshine", a song that depresses me for some obscure reason. Maybe it is some sort of freudian thingie, but I hate it when ANYONE sings it. It is just WAY too cheerful.
4) Revolution #9 - The Beatles. A Beatles song on here? Has the world gone nuts? No. Revolution #9 is the song that has this freaky hynotic "Numba 9..Numba 9....Numba 9..." continuously in the background, and it makes me think I'm being brainwashed or something. Creepy.
3) The Song That Doesn't End - No one in paticular, but Sherri Lewis does it worst. Lamb Chop's Playalong was disturbing enough as is, but every episode in the 90's ended with kinds offering said puppets on their backs, as they sang this very annoying song. Yes, the song is annoying, but I do believe it is the ugly, evil brainchild of Satan and Barney. I mean, kids sing it like they were indoctrinated with it. Scary.
2) Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) - Pink Floyd. This is the ONLY song on the list that I still listen to from time to time. I believe ANY song with a children's chorus singing in it at all is creepy. Another song is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones, but it only lasts for a few minutes. The song ends with some sort of siren going off, and in Missouri, there is a weather radio station that uses the SAME SOUND when there is a tornado in the vicinity, so whenever I hear that, it sends chills up my spine, and I have to remind myself that it is the song and not the actual warning.
1) In the Year 3535 - Zegar and Evans. Forget 666 being the mark of the beast. The true number that should be recognized as evil is 3535. I dare you to listen to this song, and not get SOME sort of chill down your spine. If this song somes on the radio, I make a mad dash for the dial. If it will not change, I turn it off. If it does not turn off, I WILL jump out of my moving vehicle, JUST to get away from it. It has scary imagry, and says in short, that we will be blobs by 10000 AD, and it will be a Deus ex Machina on Earth. While I do not doubt this, I could care less, since it wont be happening in MY lifetime. I really hope Jesus comes back before the terror comes true. Be warned people, if you play this sing within a 10 mile radius of me. I will attack it, just to make them shut up. If a time machine is ever invented, I will go back in time and DESTROY the song by any means necessary. I am THAT freaked out by it.
Honerable mention songs include the aformentioned "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" by the Beatles (I personally love the song, but I know others are creeped out by it), "Again" by Alice and Chains, and the entire library of Bette Midler.
What songs scare you the most? Hit me up with a response, and I'll add it to the entry, if it is not a comment on here already. Please, I would like to see some feedback on stuff on here.
Anyways, all creepy "comment" statements aside, I hope you enjoyed this top 5 thingie. I may do some more in the future. Have a nice day, and I hope I didn't freak you out too much ;).